Friday, July 29, 2011

Having Doubts

Hebrews 11:1 CEV

Faith makes us sure of what we hope for and gives us proof of what we cannot see.

As I lie here on my bed, in pain, I am frustrated at God. I have seen many people healed. I personally know people that have miraculously received gold fillings in their teeth. I know that God has the power to heal the sick, make the lame walk, make the blind see. I know, from personal experience that He answers prayer. Of these things I have no doubts.
Why am I frustrated at God? Because I am not a fan of His timing in my life. This severe pain in my back has slowed me down too much. I cannot stand for more than a few minutes. I cannot walk without the assistance of walls, rails, and now a walker. I cannot sit without pain. My work is affected. My home life is affected. And the thing that is the most frustrating to me, is that I do not understand why this has happened. And I do not understand why God has not healed me. Am I not asking right? Did I do something wrong? Do I not deserve it?
I know that this is not the way He works. I know that He answers all prayers with one of three answers: yes, no, and not right now. I believe that He can heal me ... I really do. But why wait? Why not right now?
Please pray for me. Pray that God will heal me, and relieve this pain. Pray that He will do this soon, so that my life can get back to normal. Pray that He will do this completely, so that my life can be a testimony to His compassion.
Thank you
Doug

3 comments:

  1. Update. Next day. Fireworks are on right now, and I am in bed. I have been here almost all day, getting up to go to the bathroom or sit/lie on my recliner for a few minutes. The pain is worse, if that is possible. I can't stand for more than a few seconds before my leg hurts right down to my toe. I don't know how I can go on like this. I am frustrated, confused, and scared. I feel helpless, and I don't like that feeling. God, please help me ......now :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday update. Almost died trying to get to the washroom this morning at 6. Well, I thought I was dying, as the pain was so severe. We made the decision to go to the hospital. Called 911 and everything. Spent 7 hours there, but got what I need to manage with the pain, got a Catscan, and I got the attention of a spine surgeon that wants to help. Getting an MRI this week and we will go from there.
    I do not doubt that God can heal me. What is more important is that I believe that it will all work out, and He continues to comfort me. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with, but I know that God will see me through. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me the stroke was still the hardest I think...

    ReplyDelete