Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

_1012581

Today was White Rock’s Annual Polar Bear Swim.  I did not participate, but we watched the hundreds of … diehards … getting cold and wet.  Smile  Maybe one day I will try it.  We have often wanted to see it, having lived in White Rock and area for a few years now, but this is the first time we were able to. It was fun to watch!

So, 2011 is over, and a new year has begun.  Aside from the obvious end of the world crap, I wonder what it holds for us.

2011 was not our best year, but it was not our worst, either.  The problems with my back sort of robbed us of Summer at the beach, and life was pretty tough for a while.  Things are back to normal now, and they seem to be getting better.

Work has been tough.  Stefani has not been able to get more contracts, as she was spending a lot of her spare time helping me at work, and she did not get paid for that.  While it would have been nice to take the time off work, get physiotherapy, and get better, we did not have that option.  No insurance, and MSP only covers a dozen visits.  But God provided, nonetheless.

I am still at my job, and while it hasn’t been the greatest place lately, it is still not the worst.  I need to be more challenged and more appreciated … basically, I am needy Smile  I have tried to find something else, but nothing is happening.  I have applied for many advertised jobs in the last two years, but I have only had a couple of interviews.  Not sure if it is me, my resume, my cover letters, or God saying .. .sit … stay … good boy …

So, I am trying to find ways to make my job better.  Maybe I can do something that will help the business make more money, but then the boss will just spend more… what can I do?

I guess what I can do is thank God for the job that I have, as there are many people out of work, or working really crappy jobs, barely surviving.  My boss is good to me, even if he doesn’t show it well.  We just need to come up with something that doryworks, I guess.  And we will.

So, here is to another year, better than last.  Just keep swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment