Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Loneliness

“Institutionalism breeds task-based friendships. As long as you’re on the same task together, you can be friends" from Chapter 7.

That is something that we have personally experienced, and it has been the hardest part of this journey. The loneliness that we feel is what would have made it so easy to leave this life and make a new one in Mexico. The loneliness we feel is the reason why we have not given up on the dream of picking up and moving and starting someplace else; someplace new. The loneliness we feel is why I make a habit of purging "friends" from my FaceBook list every couple of months. If you are still on my friends list, ask yourself "why?" If I have not heard from you in the last couple months, you may be on there only because of the can o' worms I would open if I removed you :)

We are coming to understand why we are lonely, not that it feels any better, yet, but at lease we understand.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Duggie,
    I got the book in the mail Monday and I began reading it Tuesday night - I think I am around chapter 2 so far - I like it! Lots of food for thought.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete