Saturday, August 20, 2011

Still Coping

Still in pain ...been something like four or five weeks now. I have asked God to heal me, but I am beginning to think He has something else in mind. We've been having a really tough time with doctor's, and the system in general, but God has been blessing us, even through our troubles.
I have heard from many people that things like CT-scans and MRIs take a long time to get, and some people get so tired of being on the waiting list that they either go out of province or they pay at a private center. I do not seem to be cursed with this issue. While in the ER two weeks ago, I went in for a CT scan. It was a Sunday, and they called a technician in for it. The following week I was miraculously scheduled at Peace Arch Hospital for an MRI, which I did not fit in. I was worried that it would take a long time to get scheduled someplace with a newer bigger machine, but within a week I was scheduled at the new Jimmy Pattison Outpatient Centre, and they have a bigger machine. So, something that could have taken months only took a couple of weeks! Why? Prayer, I guess ;-)
But my doctor troubles continued on Friday, as I waited for two hours to see my surgeon, only to be told that I would need to reschedule, as he was called away on an emergency. Stefani, the trooper that she is, talked nicely but sternly to the uncaring receptionist, and as a result of her persistence, I am scheduled for an epidural (nerve block/cortisone?) in a couple of weeks. Hopefuly it works, and relieves the pain, because as Stef keeps reminding me, we are going on a Panama cruise in less than month!!
Wow! Gonna need some major prayer for that one. The cruise will be fine ...it's the six hour flight home from Miami that concerns me. Maybe the ticket counter will have pity on me and offer me a free upgrade to first class :-) hey, I can dream ...
So, life goes on. Really, the worst part of this situation is the extra work that my darling wife has to do. Turns out, I actually did some stuff around the house when I was okay, before all this. She is not as exhausted now, and she smiles a bit more, but I can't help feeling aweful. Really, friends, we need company. Offer to bring over dinner ...pizza, Wok Box, Costco salad ...we don't care. Dessert even, just get off your knees for a couple of hours and come and visit! It's not that we don't appreciate your prayers, we do, and I have felt comforted by them often, but we have really appeciated it when people come over. Okay, enough whining ...I should not have to beg.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment