Saturday, November 5, 2011

It Just Keeps Getting Better!

So, for those of you who do not believe in the power of prayer, and God's healing hand, I want to apologize (sort of) right off the bat ... you might want to stop reading this post ...

It would seem that I am almost normal (loaded statement!), or at least as normal as can be :o) I am completely off the Percocet, and I am working on cutting back on the other meds that I am taking. I thought I would be taking Tylenol like candy, but I am only needing a couple a day ... sometimes I go completely without! (those are usually the lazy days LOL). Go ahead, ask me why! Because I asked God to heal me. Many people asked God to heal me, or to at least give me relief. I got it!

A herniated disc is a pretty serious thing. I mean, hey, I couldn't walk, stand, sit, or barely lie down without pain. I was in so much pain that I was constantly in tears or nearly there. I could not move. I was taking six or seven pills a day, thinking about taking eight or nine. I think the cortisone shot had a lot to do with it, but hey! God created man with a brain, and we chose to use the brain to discover medicine, so He still gets the credit.

I traded my walker for a cane a couple of days ago. I nice black one with some blue coloring on it. I feel weird, and maybe look a little weird, using it, but so what ... it helps. I haven't tried going for a long walk yet. The walker helped that, gave me some support, and allowed me to walk to the pier and back. This afternoon I will see how I do without the walker.

Yes, God heals. Yes, God answers prayer. I am sorry, but I can't go back and test that "theory", but I believe is nonetheless. Call it blind faith, but I don't agree, because "blind" implies that you don't see anything, and I see it every second of every day, and it makes me very aware of what God can do.

This is a little different tune that I am singing these days, in comparison to my July 29th post, but not that different. I believed then, and I believe now.

Thanks for following my blab ... er, blog. I hope that I have inspired you somewhat. And thanks to all who prayed ... I feel you.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment