Monday, November 21, 2011

Winter and Christmas

First, I was going to put up a status on FaceBook. Then, I thought I might post a note on FaceBook. Finally, I decided that I should use my blog once in a while.


It is cold outside. They promised snow, but we didn't get any where we live ... yet. It isn't winter yet; another month for that, but it is close, and the weather is trying to prove it. I am not ready for winter. I don't mean in the way we usually think, winter tires, antifreeze, outside taps shut off, warm clothes out. Those things are taken care of (at least the ones that we want to take care of, i.e. clothes!) No, I am not emotionally ready for winter. I was sort of robbed of my summer here in White Rock. Oh sure, we went for a cruise in the fall and enjoyed some nice hot weather, but we left cold and rainy, and came back to cold and rainy. My summer was spent in bed and in a wheelchair, barely able to move. I couldn't go for a walk on the beach, slosh through the sea grass, snorkel, find crabs, jump off the pier (not that I ever have!), enjoy ice cream melting down my arm ... none of the things that one enjoys in the summer time in White Rock.

Looking back, and seeing where I am at now, I am okay with all of that. Summer is over, but another one is right around the corner. Besides, we will escape winter in February and enjoy a week on the beaches of Oahu, so that is cool.

Still not ready for winter, and maybe it isn't so much winter as Christmas; maybe it isn't so much that, as it is remembering the past. Yes, Mexico (or Oregon, for those of you who were with us then). It has been two years since we found out we were moving there for work, and almost two years since we had the rug pulled out from under our life. they say that time heals all wounds ... the are not correct. I think about it less, and it hurts less, but heal? No, I don't think so, and even if it almost goes away, there will be an ugly scar that will always remind me.

I thank God for what I have, and for the blessings that He continues to pour into our lives. Without His comforting arms around me, I would have lost it. Then, and recently with this back issue. His continued blessing and healing in my life are a constant reminder of how much He loves me.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for your prayers and support.

namaste

1 comment: