Friday, August 31, 2012

I am thankful for my health

meinchair

This is me, a year ago.  I think back to then (what I can remember – thank to the meds!), and compare it with now, and I am amazed.  Not surprised … I prayed and prayed, and you prayed and prayed, that I would get better, and feel less pain, and be able to live somewhat normally again.  God heard, and He helped me through it.

All of last summer, I cried out to God to heal me, or kill me.  I have never felt such pain, such depression, such hopelessness.  A few friends came and helped out, and for that I was very grateful (as was my wonderful wife!), but I was very sad.  When I was finally able to get out of bed, and get out more often, it was still hard, but as I started to get more flexible, and began healing, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Today, while running errands with Stefani, I was walking back from the bank, and I was amazed at how well I am doing.  I walk a lot now, to the bus stop going to work, at work, around our place to Crescent Beach.  I have lost weight (here’s hoping that continues!), I can be on my feet at work for hours at a time, and lifting and bending is getting easier all the time.

So, I am thankful for my health.  I think I have a ways to go yet, but it is a thousand times better than it was a year ago.  Here’s hoping for another thousand times better a year from now.

Thanks to those of you who prayed for me the whole time.

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment